Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Complete

Maori! (That's how they say it in the island of Kiribati! My roommate a few months ago is from there)
 
Last P-day, we were shopping in Deseret Book store, and there was a man looking at the Book of Mormon. He said he was interested in having one. When he heard about Christ's church being restored on the earth after being lost for a period of time, he said it made so much sense- that the other churches were "incomplete" and this church is "complete"! What a simple and refreshing way of putting it. It's complete. He sadly didn't refer for missionaries, but he went to go watch the Joseph Smith movie. I hope and pray that he'll feel the Spirit whispering to him that this is the truth.    
 
The next day I went to a Spanish meeting! with all the spanish-speaking sisters in the mission. We role-played and practiced, and it definitely paid off! The next day I made a phone call to Mexico, and a sweet girl named Jocelin referred for missionaries! We'll be teaching her this week... wish me luck! :)
 
There have been a lot of sick sisters in the mission lately! District leaders are the ones that stay home with them when they're sick, so I've been staying with different sisters for a couple days. I feel like a nurse! haha. But during that time, I get to study a LOT and contemplate. It is so refreshing and uplifting. I was talking with one of the sisters as she lay sick in bed, and she told me a story of a woman that she met a couple months ago, Sharon. She walked in the gates of Temple Square and had never been here before, even though she had been to Salt Lake City many times. The sisters approached her and offered a tour and she accepted. They took her to see the South Visitors center, which is all about the Plan of Salvation, families, and the temple. When they showed her a display of the purpose of life, she said, "I've heard this before. This is so familiar. Where have I seen this?" Her eyes filled with tears, and the Spirit was so strong. They took her over to the temple model, and as she looked inside, she teared up even more. She realized that she really has seen this before. 22 years ago, Sharon was in a coma for 3 weeks. During that time, she remembers a "dream" that she had. She was surrounded by people dressed in white, and one of them, called a "spirit-guide," was accompanying her as she learned the exact things that these sister missionaries were teaching her. She remembers going through a building, that looked almost exactly like the temple that she was staring at. But the one she went to didn't have a baptismal font or sealing rooms (which makes so much sense. We do that kind of work here on earth! Of course they wouldn't do it in the spirit world!) She remembers learning in the temple all about God's plan for us. She looked at the sister missionaries and said, "This is all true. This is a temple of God. That man over there [she pointed to the picture of President Monson] is a true prophet, and you should listen to his words." Ever since being in her coma 22 years ago, she hadn't told anyone about her experience until that day. She thought people would think she was crazy. But she finally found what she was looking for, and what was shown to her so long ago! It's amazing how the Lord prepares His children to receive the gospel, in different ways and at different times. I have such a testimony of the temple. I know that it is the house of God. His work is going on inside. I love the temple, and I LOVE serving on Temple Square!!! The Lord knows me better than I do, and He knew this is the place I needed to be sent. I am so honored to serve in the shadow of His house, each and every day!
 
I've been doing a lot of self-evaluating and self-improving lately. I want to become the best that I can be, for my Heavenly Father. I know it is only through Him that I can do that. I love Him. I know that He hears and answers my prayers. I know His gospel is on the earth today in its fulness- it is "complete"! I love my Savior, and I love all of you! I hope your week is full of missionary experiences and testimony-building experiences! I can't wait to hear from you again!
 
All my love-
Sister Rochelle Frogget

No comments:

Post a Comment