Tuesday, September 20, 2011

17 Miracles

Wow, do the weeks go by as fast for you as they do for me? Sheesh, time flies! Especially when you're busy doing the Lord's work.
 
Last week we took a huge Mandarin tour (didn't you know I learned Mandarin on my mission too!? haha). We were contacting the tour for Sister Chen from China and Sister Rohner from California. So basically we lead the group and help them all get to the right places at the right times, and then we talk to them along the way. Anyway, as we were contacting these Chinese people, one of the Chinese girls caught my eye- she had a special light about her, so I went and talked with her. Her name is Joy and she's from Taiwan. We ended up talking the entire hour of the tour! She told me how special and peaceful she felt when she walked in the gates. She felt the Spirit especially strong when Sister Chen was testifying about God's love for us, while we were in the Assembly Hall. Joy later told me her story: as a teenager she was very negative and didn't believe in God at all. She even got to the point of considering suicide. Right as she was about to do it, she heard a voice telling her that God loves her and that she needs to be strong. From that moment on, she has believed SO strongly in God and His hand in her life. She now prays to Him daily and is SO close to the Spirit! I was amazed. She referred to have missionaries come tell her more about the gospel. She was praying in the Assembly Hall and had a feeling that she needed to learn more about it. She also wants to keep in contact with me through email! What a sweetheart! Those Chinese people are all so prepared and humble! It's too bad I don't speak Mandarin!
 
Even though my Spanish skills are really lacking, I'm still doing my best, and God is speaking through me. We had an awesome lesson with Evelyn over the phone. We called El Salvador, and taught her all about the Book of Mormon. After I read 3 Nephi 9:14 she was excited to read more about it. She was such a kind and genuine woman, and was very patient with my Spanish. We're teaching her again tomorrow! Along with her, I've been calling Spanish people all over the world, and 3 of them have met with the missionaries and have return appointments with them!! We are praying for them and hoping we can witness their baptisms!! The world is our mission!
 
Yesterday was a day of miracles. Miracle #1: We met a man at the East Gate named Raymond, from New Mexico. He had never been here before, but was just traveling through and thought he'd stop by. He's divorced and retired, and therefore feels alone at times. We were both prompted to take him to the Tabernacle and then to the Conference Center. Turns out he was raised Catholic but doesn't really believe in God anymore. Testimony, scriptures, and the Spirit are all key in the power of conversion. I remember after sharing Alma 26:37, testifying from my heart that I know God lives, and He loves him (Raymond) so personally and individually. And that he could find out for himself if God is there or not. By the end of the tour, he was excited to meet with the missionaries and read the Book of Mormon. He was also very excited to get a picture with us haha. People feel something special about us, but what they don't know is it's the Spirit!!
 
Miracle #2: Two weeks ago, we were walking past the Tabernacle, and I saw a young man just looking up at the temple. We walked right past him and didn't talk with him. Something was telling me we should. I told my companion we should turn around and go meet him. So we did...He's native American and is here in Salt Lake City, studying in the medical field. He hasn't heard very much about the church, but he decided to come visit Temple Square and see what it was all about. We testified of the Book of Mormon, and he didn't mind having one, but didn't want missionaries to come to his house (which is the only way we as Temple Square sisters can send it to people). So we gave him our phone number and hoped that he'd call so we could share more with him. Well, just yesterday, we met [him] AGAIN on the square!!! He had a tiny break from school and decided to come feel some peace and quiet. We taught more about the Book of Mormon, and with a good, bold re-invite, he decided that missionaries wouldn't be so bad after all, especially if the Book of Mormon is something that can bring him this peace ALL the time, even when he's not at Temple Square! We will now be teaching him over the phone, and hopefully we can attend his baptism!!!!! (when the time comes, of course).
 
Many more than 17 miracles have happened this week, but I don't have time to write them all! HOWEVER, just last night, we had a "mission meeting" down in the Theater, and guess what President allowed us to watch?!?!?!? 17 MIRACLES!!!!!!!! We were all SO happy! We had been hearing all about it from members and non-members on the square. I even bought it at Deseret Book before seeing it! But I'm glad that I did, because that movie is INCREDIBLE! And very intense. They called it a "tear-jerker" but it was much more than that. Tears were streaming down all our faces! Our testimonies and faith have been strengthened more than I thought possible. And our appreciation for those honored pioneers has sky-rocketed. Seriously. If you haven't seen it, then don't see it. lol. Because I bought it and I want to watch it with you later!
 
I am SO thankful for the faith of the pioneers, for the faith of us as latter-day saints, for this incredible work, and for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. With all my heart, I know that He lives!
 
More miracles to come... next week! Loves and prayers comin' your way!
 
<3
Sister Rochelle Frogget

No comments:

Post a Comment