Monday, August 8, 2011

BE WHERE YOUR FEET ARE

Oh happy day!!!

How are you my wonderful family!?? Do you know how special you are to me??

This week has been quite the roller-coaster. I have learned on the mission that there WILL be good days, and there WILL be bad days. Just face it. I've also learned to appreciate the not-so-good days because it makes the good ones SO MUCH BETTER!

We got to go to the temple last week. The peace and the comfort that I feel there can be felt no where else in the world. It really is a haven from the storms of the world. It is a holy, sacred place. It is the house of the Lord. I really needed that- it strengthened my testimony of the importance of the temple, and now I can testify even stronger to all the guests on temple square how special it is!
As always, we've been taking SO many German tours! It is fun! And I'm learning more and more German (Blaine, you would be proud! haha). I haven't been taking a lot of Spanish tours lately though... I've been thinking that I really need to brush up on it so I can see more miracles with those humble, loving people! I need to forget my fear and jump in with both feet. The Lord is on my side! He'll put the necessary words into my mouth, if I prepare myself accordingly! So expect some Spanish miracle stories in the near future!

I met a girl named Billie-May last week in the visitors center. She had crazy, turquoise hair, kind of a funky style, and thick make-up. I started talking to her and she was the nicest young woman with such high moral values and the kindest personality. We talked for a really long time about all sorts of things, and then I brought up the Book of Mormon, and she was so intrigued. She LOVES to read, and has read parts of the Bible before, but never heard of the Book of Mormon. She asked all about it and all about the church, and she referred to have missionaries come share more with her! I am so excited for her, and I know that she will make a magnificent young woman in the church.

On Thursday last week, we saw 2 Asian girls taking pictures by the Assembly Hall, and decided to talk with them. They were the sweetest girls, and didn't know ANYTHING about this place. They were just passing through and heard that they should visit Temple Square, so they came. We ended up taking them on a great tour and they loved everything. One was from Hong Kong, and the other was from Mainland China. They didn't grow up with a belief in God, but when we took them up to the Christus and talked about Jesus Christ for a while, they started opening up to the idea and said it makes sense that we would need a Savior. Since they're going back to China in a couple weeks, missionaries won't be able to contact them, but we gave them copies of the Book of Mormon in Mandarin and got their information for the future... because we all know that China WILL open up to missionaries eventually!!! Once it does, THOUSANDS of missionaries will be sent over there, and miracles will happen left and right! I'm excited for that day to come. (SOON!)

This week I've learned that it's important to "BE WHERE YOUR FEET ARE". There's no better place to be. We shouldn't dwell in the past or stress too much about the future. Just live in the moment and we'll be led to where we need to be! It reminded me of the scripture in Philippians: "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Life is meant to be FULL and RICH and ENJOYED! Don't endure to the end... ENJOY to the end!!!! :)

I love you and miss you and pray for you ALWAYS

All my love---
Sister Rochelle Frogget !!!! :) <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment