Friday, September 17, 2010

Being a Fleet director

My dearest family,

It is always great to hear from you! Thank you for the emails! I just love ya :)

Well, we're back to Friday p-days! This is my second p-day this week, but to tell you the truth, it sure doesn't seem like it! It has been a CRAZY 3 days! Being a Fleet director, there are a LOT of responsibilities that we have to take care of. In fact, Sister McNaught and I have only been on Temple Square for TWO HOURS in the past 3 days! Everyone calls us about the vans, p-day schedules, moving their stuff, and pretty much anything that involves using a vehicle! With sisters going outbound, going home, coming BACK from outbound, and all the new transfer sisters, we have organized and arranged MANY trips to the airport, walmart, back and forth between apartment buildings, and soooo much more! Not only am I learning all the new stuff for "Fleet", but we're covering the Westgate booth for half the day! So that means that we organize and arrange for motorcoaches and tours and answering really random questions and giving information about the square and the city. Both responsibilities are REALLY busy and a bit stressful. Going to bed is definitely a treat! We sometimes don't even have time for personal study or companionship study! We didn't make it to the square today... so we're teaching a lot less, and taking care of all the behind-the-scenes stuff lol. What's cool is that we have our own cell phone! haha :) And our own car :) This transfer will definitely be a lot different than my past 2, but it will be good. I'm really learning how to be a leader, how to use good judgment, and how to deal with stress!! (which is great because I lack skills in all of the above!!)

It's really weird to be with someone other than Sister Nakajima! This is my first time having a different companion on the square, so it will take some getting used to, but Sister McNaught is SO good! I feel like I'm being trained again because I have to adjust to new teaching styles (and also because I knew very little about fleet or westgate before this week). She is SUCH a good teacher and a really hard worker. She's a great example for me and is helping me become better and better each day. Sister Nakajima is training a beautiful sister named Sister Felici! That's my sister now! :) There are a LOT of changes happening on the square- which follows the mission motto: Always Improving. Our President is SO good to us and is such a wonderful and hard-working man. I love this mission SO much and I'm so happy to be here! I thank you all for your love and support and prayers. It all means the world to me. I hope all is going well at home and I hope to hear from you as soon as possible! I love you! :)

Love,

Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment