Monday, August 30, 2010

I TOTALLY called it

I read Blaine's email first and when I found out where he was going, I jumped up in the middle of this computer lab and cheered out loud!!! All the sisters say congratulations!!! Especially the one from Germany :) CONGRATULATIONS ELDER BLAINE FROGGET!!!! I'm so proud of you and I love you so much! You'll be an AMAZING missionary!!!!!!!! I can't express how happy I am for you! :)

FINALLY... sheesh!! I have been waiting for WEEKS to receive that email and hear the good news! :) I'm SO SO SO happy! And I TOTALLY called it! Whenever sisters would ask me where I thought Blaine would be going, I always said Germany first. :) I am a missionary after all, and we do have extra power and authority! :) (we're supposed to have humility too, but I'm pretty proud of being right about this! haha)

Well now it's hard to calm down and tell you about my week! My week wasn't nearly as exciting as yours, I'm sure! But I'll go ahead and tell you some special experiences I had. At the beginning of the week, we took a group of 40 Chinese people on a motorcoach tour. The great thing was that I didn't have any fear. That morning I had such a powerful and special personal study and I was spiritually prepared. I trusted in the Lord to fill my mouth with the words that He would have the guests hear. I truly felt Him speaking through me as we gave the tour. It was probably the most spirit-filled tour I have ever been on! It was so special, and the people were so teachable. A couple of them were in tears. Temple Square is such an amazing place! It's rich with pioneer history and rich with the Spirit! I am seriously SO lucky to be serving here :) This tour was special to me for another reason as well: Sometime last year I came to temple square (before knowing I would be serving my mission here of course) and saw 2 sister missionaries giving a tour to a huge group of people (similar to the one I took this week). I looked at the sisters and a tiny thought popped into my head that I would be doing that one day. At that time I envisioned myself in that position. As we were taking the motorcoach this week, I remembered that little "vision" that I had a year ago and realized that I was fulfilling it right then and there, by the flagpole in front of the temple! I love temple square! :) and I love being a missionary! This is exactly where I'm supposed to be!

Last week on Sunday a couple sisters and I went to a chapel in Sandy to give a little presentation to a meeting full of bishops and stake presidents. It was a bit intimidating but fun! Basically we encouraged them to use temple square as a teaching resource for YM/YW groups, relief society/ priesthood, investigators, home teaching, etc. Temple Square is an amazing teaching resource, and I have definitely seen success when people bring their friends here to see what it's all about. So hopefully they'll take advantage of such a wonderful place that's SO CLOSE to them!

Yesterday we took a very nice couple- Brian and Joyce- from Texas, on a tour. We ended in the Conference Center auditorium, which, as I've mentioned before, is such a special place to take our guests because the spirit is so strong there. But this tour was 10 times better than any of the others! I prayed so fervently to have the Spirit guide my teaching because I kept stumbling over my words and sentences and couldn't seem to say what I wanted to say! But as I paused and let the Spirit speak, THAT is when we saw miracles. Tears filled Joyce's eyes. As we explained the Book of Mormon, I could literally see both of them turn from visitors to investigators. Wow, it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I pray that they will continue to hear and listen to the Shepherd's voice. They are two of the sweetest people I know! I love them and pray that they will accept the gospel! I love this work. I love this gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the reason why I am here. Blaine, you have much joy in store for you!!! You will love this work- even though it's tough. It's totally worth it. I love you all so much!!! I miss you and pray for you always!!

Love always,

Your daughter, sister, and friend,

Sister Frogget! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment