Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hey hey hey!!! It's a beautiful autumn day! I'm loving it.
This week has been PACKED with leader responsibilities- we're doing a bunch of trainings and meetings for our zone so that we can get them pumped up to call all the 9,222 referrals that we received last transfer. President Holmes wants us to call ALL of them by the end of this transfer! So we're really working hard toward that.
 
As zone leaders, we all had the opportunity to attend what is called a "Zone Leader Council" yesterday! And it was in Sandy- at President and Sister Holmes' huge, beautiful HOUSE!!!!!!!! We had REAL food, a breath-taking view, wonderful company, and a great spiritual feast!!! It was the best meeting I've been to yet! President Holmes is such a power-house. I love him and his family. They have 12 children, which means they have MANY grandchildren and some great-grand children now! We got to see a bunch of family pictures and photo albums, and play around in his personal gym downstairs! haha :)
 
A few transfers ago, when I was with Sister Kleine, we met a member who gave us a referral to call. I called her a few months ago, and then called her again today, and heard the news that her 2 sons, Erin and Gregory, got BAPTIZED, and she is now reactivated in the church!!!
 
Also, I don't know if I ever emailed about this, but way back in February when I was with Sister Woo, we had a Spanish tour with a young man named Luis, and his mom and 2 sisters. Luis is living in Arizona, while his family is back in Peru, where they're from. Well, he referred to have missionaries come teach him. And I found out when I came back from Vermont that HE GOT BAPTIZED IN APRIL!!!!!  I just called him last night and he's staying active and doing really well! He just was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood, and is thinking about serving a mission! He goes teaching with the full-time missionaries over there in AZ, and one family told him (Luis) that they really needed to hear his testimony. And now they're baptized! It's amazing to see this work move along. I'm SO happy that we can follow-up and see the results and fruits of our labors now. The WORLD is our mission. There are baptisms all across the globe. Not that I'm biased or anything, but can I just say.... THIS MISSION IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it. This is exactly where I was supposed to be called. I saw the Keeles during General Conference and Judy and I were reminiscing back to a year and a half ago when I was waiting for my mission call, and she was PRAYING that I'd go to Temple Square! Well, I just have to THANKK HER for praying me here because this seriously is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I couldn't ask for a better mission. I know the Lord is in it. He knows me SO well. He knows and loves each one of us more than we could ever imagine. I love Him and know that He lives!
 
You are all in my prayers! I love and treasure you!! Missionary work is THE BEST WORK in the world. I love being a missionary.
Until next week!
 
Sister Rochelle Frogget

No comments:

Post a Comment