Monday, July 11, 2011

I'M BAAAAACK!!!!!!!

It's GREAT to be back on the square again! It is as busy as ever and I'm loving it!!! My new companion is
Sister Kleine from GERMANY! And you know what? Blaine met her in the MTC back in November! She's from Flensburg- the northern part. She said she has family and friends in Hannover, which is where Blaine is at the moment!! We are working really well together. I got back on Wednesday night at 10pm, since I missed my flight, and I was DEAD tired. And we had to take a motorcoach tour the next morning at 7:00!! So I was really thrown back into the swing of things. It was interesting to get used to being here again. But I think I've got the hang of it again :) I really miss Vermont- I was able to witness so many wonderful miracles there and grow close to the people. But it is now time to put both feet back on the square! :) Before I do that, though, I want to tell you what happened the last couple weeks, since I wasn't able to email on the 4th of July! Nancy's BAPTISM WAS ON SATURDAY the 2nd!!!!!!!
It was absolutely amazing! Before the program started, she was putting her suit on and was really nervous. My companions and I all gathered in a circle with her and said a prayer of comfort and peace. After the talks were given and she was immersed in the water, she just started sobbing. She knew this is what she needed to do. She felt a true forgiveness of her sins. It was a new beginning and a time of covenant-making with her Father in heaven. When she got back into the room, she was beaming. That, my friends, is true happiness. That is what this is all about.

The next day was Fast Sunday. It was PACKED! And our wonderful Nancy was confirmed a member of the Church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. I couldn't stop smiling! THEN, she got up and bore her testimony!! GET THIS. It was hilarious. She said a few sweet things, and then she said, "I want you all to do something for me. I want you to stand up." So we all stood up, not knowing what was going on. Then she said, "Now I want you to clap 10 times" (So we all clapped- in the chapel!... no bueno! lol.) "Thank you. That was a standing ovation for Jesus." We couldn't help but laugh as we sat down! But then she explained her conversion story, and how Christ is the One that led her to this point, and gave a beautiful testimony. Then she ended it with the most sincere and touching prayer. It was a bit of a change for a typical fast and testimony meeting (haha), but it was spirit-filled and very touching. We all love Nancy and I am SO happy to have witnessed all of this.



What a great way to end my time in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission!!



That Wednesday I traveled to Manchester, had a wonderful interview with President Wilkey, and went to the airport. It was VERY sad to leave. A bittersweet moment. I will always love that mission and I thank Heavenly Father that He sent me there for a short time.



Our plane was really delayed, but once we went on board, I sat next to a very kind man named Tom. We began talking and didn't stop till the plane landed! He was traveling back home to Texas, and we had great conversations about his family, work, and religion (of course!). I talked to him all about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He's catholic, but doesn't practice it at all, and he said he would like a copy of the Book of Mormon! And the missionaries in Texas will be bringing it to him! I sent his information through yesterday, and my companion and I will be teaching him over the phone this week! AAAAH! so exciting! :)

There's so much I want to tell you, but I'm just about out of time!! :( Sister Kleine and I have seen some awesome things happen already! Including 3 German referrals!!! Now Blaine would know that that is a miracle! We're trying and praying to find people from his area so that we can send a referral to HIM!!!! How amazing would that be!? We'll do our best!!! :) I love this work and know that the gospel is ALL TRUE!!!! I love being back on the square and look forward to sharing more miracles with you next week! xoxoxoxoxo

ALL MY LOVE---

Sister Rochelle Frogget

OH BY THE WAY!!!!!!!

Sister Woo (my former companion from Singapore that I trained before I left) is now TRAINING!!!! I have a little grandbaby! :) haha! Her name is Sister Miguel from Mexico. And guess what?? I few transfers ago, Sister Miguel came with her family to Temple Square to get a tour before she went into the MTC, and I WAS THE ONE THAT GAVE IT TO HER!!! IN SPANISH!!! And when she told me she was coming here on a mission, I thought I would train her. Little did I know that my trainee would train her!!! haha :) Crazy story huh!:?

No comments:

Post a Comment