Monday, June 6, 2011

Hello, Family!!! LONG TIME NO TALK!!!

Last week we tried to find a place with a computer that was open for Memorial Day, but we didn't. So it's been a while since we've emailed! It's SO great to hear from you all! I love you so much :)

I don't even know where to begin! I guess I'll start off by saying that it's my second transfer in Burlington! No transfers, thank goodness! I'm still in a trio... however, Sister Rust got transferred, and Sister HATCH came and took her place! We were sad to see Sister Rust go, but I am SO HAPPY to have Sister Hatch. I served with her for 5 days in Manchester, New Hampshire before I came up here to Burlington. I was really sad that I wasn't serving with her for a whole transfer... but now I am!! I have so much to learn from her. She's such a great missionary. We are trying our best to familiarize ourselves with this area and find God's prepared children. Our area covers so many spread out cities and country-sides, so it's hard to keep organized and decide where would be the best place to proselyte. We really have to follow the Spirit and go where He leads us.

We started out the transfer on a funny note... we got home from transfer meeting; Sister Hatch unpacked all her stuff; we ate dinner; we were just about ready to go find some people to teach. We shut the door behind us, and then realized that NONE of us had the keys! We called the landlord, but there was no answer. We paged his emergency phone... still no answer. Luckily, there's a young woman in our ward that lives right below us, so we went to her apartment. It just so happened that she had a lock-picking kit!!! She had no idea how to use it, but we figured it out and finally got in our apartment, after 3 hours... what a day.

The next day was a bit more successful! We had a GREAT lesson with Nancy, now known as the ice-cream lady LOL. The whole ward knows her because of that. Everyone loves her. She is making friends and really connecting with everyone. Her baptismal date is still July 2nd and I'm so glad to stay in Burlington to witness it. She will be a stalwart member of the Church. I am overjoyed for her!!

Life out here in Vermont is quite different! I wish I could take a picture of a typical "Vermonter" and send it to you. The men look like mountain men with big, scruffy beards and raggy clothes, with a cigarette and a beer in their hand lol. There are also a lot of farmers. We met a family outside in their huge garden (mom, you would have loved it). They had their pitch forks and shovels. The husband and the 2 boys had long, scraggly hair and cowboy hats. Their country music was playing and they had spent all day out planting and taking care of their crops. It's such a different life style! But no matter what they look like or the way they live, they're still children of God, and we still have the responsibility to love and serve them, and bring them the good news. We still need to help them find what they don't know they're looking for!

I don't know if I've told the story about Kaitlyn and Jeremiah yet. So I'll tell it here. Weeks ago we were tracting in a mobile home park (the best areas to tract, really! I love them). We were about ready to head back home, and we felt impressed to turn back. There was a man that we passed by and didn't see- outside by his truck. We ended up talking with him and setting up an appointment to teach him and his family! Before Sister Rust left, the 3 of us went and taught them the Restoration. It was incredible. They're the cutest little family. Kaitlyn and Jeremiah are in their late 20s and they have 3 ADORABLE little boys. They had little religious background, so we taught pretty simply, but they loved it. We taught them again this week, and they're reading the Book of Mormon. Kaitlyn even prayed for the first time. It was so precious! I love hearing those sincere, heartfelt prayers. It melts my heart :) They will be attending church with us next week!! And eventually enter into the sacred walls of the temple!! ... one step at a time!

The Lord tries you and tests you to see if you will be faithful to Him. The only way to make it through this life is with a Set Apart Heart. "The Lord requires the hearts of the children of men." We need to serve Him with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. I have found that when I put my heart into this work, and do it because I love Him, we have so much more success and so much more happiness.

I'm looking forward to another transfer in New England! And then I'm back to Temple Square!!!
Talk to you SOON my friends!!! I love you so much.

Live, Laugh, Love <3

Love,
Sister Rochelle Frogget

No comments:

Post a Comment