Tuesday, June 21, 2011

HAPPY BELATED FATHER'S DAY!!!!

I ate a lot of cake, pie, and ice-cream for you, Dad!!! Our ward had a huge spaghetti dinner and cake auction on Saturday night. It was hilarious and fun. And yesterday at church there was (of course) a special focus on the importance of fathers. (I LOVE YOU DAD!). Not only our earthly fathers, but also our Father in Heaven. I was reading yesterday morning in 3 Nephi 11 when Christ appeared to the Nephites. Heavenly Father introduced His Son to the people by saying, "Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name- hear ye him." God was so pleased with His Son, and I know that He is just as pleased with each one of us as His sons and daughters. I feel so privileged to be a daughter of a King, and I am determined to live up to the high expectations that He has for me.

God is pleased with us, He loves us, and He is anxious to bless us and answer our prayers. He has sure done that for us this week, despite the difficulties and challenges that came our way. We were at a doorstep, talking to this young, single mom named Jen. I have noticed in the past few months that Vermonters are pretty cold and short at first. It takes a while to break them. That's how this lady was. It seemed that she really didn't want to talk to us and was waiting for us to leave. But we didn't let that scare us off (which it can easily do). We continued trying to discern her needs, and as we testified of the sacredness of families, she slowly opened up to us and even cracked a smile! It was neat to see the change in her as she felt the Spirit. And we will be teaching her later this week! :)

The next day we were doing service at the Senior Center, and we met an old man named Gil! He is the cutest 90-year-old man I've ever met! We took him on a walk outside in the beautiful weather, and then went back to his home as he shared precious memories and pictures. He had come across many LDS missionaries in his life and so he immediately loved us. We were also able to clear up some concerns he had about the church. Gil is such an example of sincere, Christlike love for all people. And happiness no matter what stage of life you're in! My heart was lifted and I was brought closer to Christ through him :)

Things with Nancy continue to move right along. We had our final lesson with her last week which was very powerful and Spirit-filled. We will be taking her to the Joseph Smith Memorial tomorrow! (we didn't get a chance to last week). Then she'll have an interview with the mission president, and before we'll know it, her baptism will be here!!

My testimony continues to be tested and strengthened. I love this work and I love this gospel! Being a missionary is a responsibility, a joy, and a privilege. And this is my Commission:

I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and He has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in His place, to say and do what He himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my words are His words and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done. To say what He wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work (Bruce R. McConkie). HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING!

MUCH MUCH LOVE--

Sister Rochelle Frogget!

No comments:

Post a Comment