Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh Happy Day!!

Well, we made it through yet another transfer! This Wednesday I will officially be in my 7th. Crazy. Transfer Conference was this morning, and Sister Woo and I are staying together for another transfer!!! YAY!!! We were really hoping for that. We have switched from the North 1 Zone to the South 1 Zone, and we still have to move all our stuff to another room upstairs. So that will take up all of our p-day today. But hey, our p-day has been moved from Monday to Friday, so that means 2 p-days this week! I'll have time to write more letters on Friday. :)

This past week has been wonderful, of course! Tuesday we got to do some service at the Food Bank! I was inside this huge box full of canned food, handing all the cans to everyone so they could sort them and box them up. It felt so refreshing to do service. We haven't done it in a while. On Wednesday, Temple Square was literally a melting pot. We were able to bear our testimonies and preach the gospel to people from all over the world, including: Scotland, Finland, Belgium, Lebanon, China, Korea, Canada, Nigeria, Chile, Costa Rica, England, Greece, Spain, Norway, and Sweden! Wow.... we may be the smallest mission in the world by acres, but we're really the largest mission in the world. The world is our mission! We're teaching investigators over the phone from that many countries too! It's incredible.

We met 2 women in the South visitors center last week. One (Sue), was a woman who had been excommunicated from the church, but decided to change her life and got re-baptized. She is now the Relief Society President in her ward. She brought a friend along with her to Temple Square (Angela) who had no family, no home, and basically no hope. But when she met Sue, her life made a complete 180. She started investigating in the church, got baptized, and is now living with Sue and her family, since she had no home before. Angie and Sue both have incredible testimonies of the Atonement of Jesus Christ which really shows in their countenances. They are some of the happiest people that I have ever met. I've said it before, and I'll say it time and time again: The gospel is so true! :)

So many things this week have happened to strengthen my testimony and remind me of how fortunate I am to have the gospel in my life. I've seen so many of the Lord's tender mercies. His hand is in all things. I know He is there and that he loves us so much! What greater knowledge can you have? I was talking with a man from Holland the other day. He was a scientist and an engineer. Everything to him needs to be proven logically and physically. He has no belief in God or even a higher being, and therefore no belief in anything else (like Adam and Eve or prophets in the Bible, etc). There was nothing that I could have said that would've proven it to him, except for bearing my testimony of God and his divinity and reality. I felt the presence of the Spirit surround me, and I knew that I was only a part of this great work- of bearing testimony to those who haven't heard it yet. Millions of people all over the world are declaring it, and it will soon "go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

I love this work. I love my Savior. I know it's true, and I know He lives. I'm so grateful for the experiences that God has given me, almost daily, to further that knowledge.

I love you sweet family and I look forward to hearing from you again.

All my love,

Sister Rochelle Frogget

No comments:

Post a Comment