Saturday, June 5, 2010

MTC arrival

AAAAAH YAY it's finally P-day and I can email you!!!! Thank you all so much for your dearElder letters! They completely make my day!!! I can't respond to them because I can only write letters on p-day, so be patient with me!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! I can't possibly express to you how wonderful the MTC is!!!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! It is the greatest thing that I have ever done!! IT has only been ONE WEEK and I have so much to tell you and only 30 minutes to do so! I will do my best!! The first day here was absolutely amaazing! I got here and everyone was so helpful and loving and happy!!! The Spirit is SO strong here!!! You wouldn't believe it!! This is EXACTLY what I'm supposed to be doing right now. God needs me here at this time in my life. The first day was pretty long (4am to 10:30pm... long day!) but I loved every second of it! I am surprisingly not homesick at ALL! Don't take that the wrong way, I love all of you so much, but since I know this is where i'm supposed to be, it makes it easy to love it here and love the work that I'm doing. I've already made wonderful friends in my district and zone! There are 6 elders going to Colorado Springs, and 4 of us sisters are all going to temple square! I live with the sisters in the same room. SO FUN! My companion is amazing! Her name is sister Denny from Missouri! She's SOOO gorgeous so I get self-conscious around her sometimes, but it's all good! She is so cute and fun and we get along really well! I have seriously learned and grown and accomplished SO much more than I EVER thought I could in one week!!! It's so crazy! I LOVE IT!! The MTC has seriously already changed the rest of my life. How amazing is that? That tells you how special this place is. This is a place where God's children prepare to spread the gospel to the WORLD! SO many seeds are planted here. I just can't get enough of it! I love it! I am going to treasure my time here. We have meetings and classes and workshops all day! We wake up, study, eat, go to class and learn TONS, eat, have MDT (missionary designated time) where we choose what to do with our time- that's where we work on our lessons for our investigators or do street-contacting and bear our testimonies to random people. It's awesome! Sister Denny and I taught our first lesson this week! It went so well! We are learning how to testify off of each other and ask meaningful and effective questions and really get to know the investigators' needs. I am learning so much about myself and about the gospel. I'm learning how to teach by the Spirit and speak from my heart. That's exactly what I need :) One of my favorite things about being a missionary so far is wearing the missionary tag!!!! It is such a privilege!!! The reason why is because I bear my Savior Jesus Christ's name. I am a representative of Him. I have the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it is my calling right now to preach it to the world!!! It's the greatest opportunity in the world!!!

Can you tell everyone you possibly can about DearElder.com??? It's such an awesome way to communicate with missionaries, and I can write them back on Thursdays. I'd love to hear from everyone, so let them know! Thank you!! Go ahead and forward appropriate parts of this email to whomever you want too!! I have so many people that want to hear from me and not enough time to write!

We get to go to the temple today! I'm so excited!!! I only have 3 more minutes and then all this will be lost so I better send it now!!! I will write to your more when I find the time. I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! MY LIFE IS WONDERFUL RIGHT NOW AND I COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE.

You are all in my prayers. I love you so much. I love the Lord and His gospel and I know it's true!!!! Hope to hear from you soon!!!!! LOVE YOU

Love,

Rochelle

(Sister Frogget!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment