Thursday, June 10, 2010

2 weeks and 1 day


Hello my wonderful family! I miss you and love you like crazy!! You are my favorite people in the world. Dad, thank you so much for making that blog for me. That should be awesome to have people read it. And maybe they'll write to me too! Just for future reference, send all emails to my email, and then send it to me on DearElder.com so that I can read them ahead of time and not have to take time out of my 30 minutes! Deal? Thanks so much! You are all wonderful! You're in my prayers! Tara did you get a 4.0?? Congrats on getting all A's! I hope that bumped everything up. Love you girl. Send me pictures of your recent comings and goings! I can't believe you'll be in the same town as me and we wont' be able to see each other!!! :( You'll have SUCH a blast at EFY. Tell me all about it and send me pictures. Have fun at the reunion and don't forget about me! Tell everyone to write to me! Tell them my address! My heart and wishes will be with you as we stay in the same area!!!! xoxoxo

Well, I've officially been here for 2 weeks and 1 day! The time goes by SOOO fast here, it's unbelievable!!! I love it so much. I learn and grow every single day. You wouldn't believe it. Sister Denny and I are really learning how to teach from the Spirit and from our hearts. We teach little lessons every day and big ones every other day almost. This past week we got about 30! It's great experience and I have learned SO much I never thought I could!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!! The Spirit and environment here is incredible. Over the course of this past week, I have grown an INCREDIBLE love and better understanding of the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. It began in the beautiful temple last p-day. I felt an overwhelming love encircle me and I knew Christ had suffered and died for me- at such an individual and personal level. I have truly FELT the power of the Atonement in my life and it has made such a difference in everything I do. The Atonement is the VERY CENTER of this gospel, of this work, and of everything we do. We have access to the full plan of happiness because of Jesus Christ and that is our message to the world! I want everyone to feel the power of Christ's Atonement in their lives. Once they do, they'll do anything to get on the path that leads to eternal life. I love this work! I love the gospel! I love Jesus Christ with all my heart. I owe everything to Him and have the responsibility to preach the gospel to the world!

The people in our district are so awesome. I hope you got the pictures that I sent you! I will send more later. Did you get my letters to everyone??? I dont' really know if the mail is dependable lately! Sheesh! Anyway, our district and I are getting really close. It's almost like we're a family. Sometimes though we get distracted in class and get completely off topic. I know i can do better at using my time more wisely and not waste a moment of the Lord's time.

All the devotionals and mission conferences and large group meetings- EVERYTHING helps increase my knowledge, strengthen my testimony, and answer my prayers. I want to thank you for your prayers for me. I have felt them work in my life at this time. I need them. As many missionaries may experience, I went through quite a rollercoaster one day last week. It was such a spiritual day, but during a lesson, I felt like I couldn't teach- I was afraid and discouraged. That of course led to the Spirit not being there because my fear took over my faith. I ended up in tears and didn't think I could teach at all. I realized my CONSTANT need for the Spirit in my life and in my teaching. I have prayed and fasted for that and I have seen such amazing results! The Lord truly answers prayers. I love him so much. He answered me through the scriptures, through thoughts and impressions, feelings, and through other people. All of this was the very topic of Elder Hales' talk on Tuesday! we get to hear from a general authority every tuesday! Awesome huH???

5 more days and the guys in our district leave for Colorado springs and we temple square sisters are left to learn how to do tours! I'm very excited, although I've heard it's going to be a REALLY intense week. We'll see how it goes. I get to go to the temple right after I send this email! I love going so much! It makes everything better. Oh I saw Nick Hales today!!!! He just got here yesterday! I got to be a host for the new sister missionaries yesterday! It was weird cuz it seems just like yesterday that I was the one who was being hosted lol.

Our district is performing the EFY medley this sunday! I get to play it on the piano! I'm really excited about that :) Every district sings before they leave out into the field. I can't believe how fast time flies here. We're sure having a good time! the MTC is AMAZING! I wish every person could go through this experience. It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing. The greatest thing ever!!!!

I best get going but I'll send more letters! LOVE YOU TO PIECES FAMILY!!!!

Peace out

Love

Sis Frog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment